IDF declares famine-hit Gaza City a combat zone, e... The Guardian

IDF declares famine-hit Gaza City a combat zone, ending ‘tactical pauses’ that allowed limited food delivery – Middle East crisis live

The Guardian August 29, 2025

<p>Around one million Palestinian people expected to be displaced in shattered city where famine has been declared</p><p>A spokesperson for the Israeli military said earlier this week that the evacuation of Gaza City is “inevitable”. Benjamin Netanyahu has said Israel will launch its Gaza City assault while simultaneously pursuing a ceasefire, though talks have stalled.</p><p>The Israeli prime minister has claimed the assault is the best way to weaken Hamas and return hostages, but many hostage families disagree and fear it will endanger hostages lives.</p><p><em>In accordance with the situational assessment &amp; directives of the political echelon, starting today at 10:00, the local tactical pause in military activity will not apply to the area of Gaza City, which constitutes a dangerous combat zone.</em></p><p><em>The IDF continues supporting humanitarian efforts while conducting operations to protect Israel.</em></p> <a href="https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2025/aug/29/gaza-famine-israel-middle-east-lastest-news-updates">Continue reading...</a>

Comments 0

Log in to post a comment.

No comments yet. Be the first to comment!

Advertise with Us

Reach our audience with your ads